Security Department FSBEI HE SOGMA Ministry of Health of Russia
Anti-corruption memo for students
This memo is for you, students, if
– you want to see your academy as a reputable educational institution that prepares highly qualified personnel,
-if you are hardworking and value your knowledge and skills;
-If it is unacceptable to give a bribe;
-have an active citizenship.
The Criminal Code of the Russian Federation provides for three types
crimes related to a bribe:
– receipt of a bribe (Article 290);
– giving a bribe (Article 291);
– mediation in bribery (Article 291.1).
Unlawful receipt of monetary rewards from a student
an official for putting him off or a positive mark for the exam entails criminal prosecution under article 204 of the Criminal Code “Commercial bribery” .
this is the activity of federal bodies of state power, bodies of state power of the constituent entities of the Russian Federation, local self-government bodies, civil society institutions, organizations and individuals within their powers .
Some signs of extorting a bribe
by the official:
!!! the conversation about a possible bribe is allegorical, the ransomware’s speech consists of monosyllabic sentences that do not contain open statements that he can solve the issue only in the case of transferring money to him or providing any service;
!!! during the conversation, the ransomware bribe, declaring that he refuses to solve a particular issue (“I can’t help”, “it is illegal, etc.), makes it clear with gestures or facial expressions that he is ready to discuss the possibilities of resolving this issue in a different environment (in another time elsewhere);
!!! the amount of the bribe is not announced; however, the corresponding numbers can be written on a piece of paper, typed on a phone or computer and shown to a potential bribe giver;
!!! the ransomware bribe may unexpectedly interrupt the conversation and, under any pretext, leave you alone in the office, while the desk drawer or folder will be open.
Some signs of behavior of a person provoking giving a bribe:
!!! easy conversation about the prospects for solving the problem;
!!! during the conversation, all things related to the bribe (the amount or nature of the services, the method and conditions for the transfer of money) are called allegorically;
!!! attempt to bargain about the size and conditions of receiving a bribe.
Your actions in case of extortion or provocation of a bribe
!!! to behave extremely cautiously, politely, avoiding statements that could be interpreted by a ransomware as either readiness or a categorical refusal to give a bribe;
!!! carefully listen and remember exactly the conditions set for you (amount, timing and methods of transferring a bribe);
!!! to ask the interlocutor about guarantees of resolving the issue in case of giving a bribe;
!!! Do not take the initiative in the conversation, letting the potential bribe inform you as much information as possible.
What should you do immediately after the accomplishment
- Do not respond to provocation, pass the test / exam (if you are ready), and if you are not ready, prepare.
- Directly contact the Academy’s Security Directorate or go to the Anti-Corruption hotline located on the Academy’s web portal page. You can also inform the Security Directorate (educational building No. 2, room 105) by phone 8-8672-56-32-80, or inform the head of the corresponding structural unit and rector of the Federal State Budget Educational Institution of Higher Education SOGMA of the Russian Ministry of Health on the basis of available facts.
- In your message, try to specify the following information:
who (last name, first name, patronymic, position / course, department, faculty) extorts or offers you a bribe, what is the amount and nature of the extorted / offered bribe, for what specific actions (inaction) is a bribe extorted or offered, at what time, in which place and how the direct giving / receiving of a bribe should occur.
- The information received will be confidential to you as an applicant.
- The message (statement) received from you will be immediately transferred to the management of the Federal State Budgetary Educational Institution of Higher Education of the State Health Service of the Ministry of Health of Russia for taking operational actions in accordance with the current legislation of the Russian Federation.