Museum of the History of Health of the Republic of North Ossetia Alania and the North Ossetian State Medical Academy
The Museum of the History of Health of the Republic of North Ossetia Alania and the North Ossetian State Medical Academy was opened in 1985 and coincided with the All-Union Conference on Clinical Pharmacology, held at the North Ossetian State Medical Institute. The museum is located in the premises of the Department of Public Health and Health SOGMA. The exposition and exhibition area is 220 sq.m., the basis of the exposition is unique materials that reveal the development of healthcare and medical science in North Ossetia and SOGMI: personal belongings of scientists, scientific papers, books, medical instruments, devices, letters. The presence of a fund of genuine monuments: 4000 storage units, of which 1/3 of the main fund.
The exposition material is systematized in the aspect of scientific research.
1) the development of medicine in North Ossetia in the pre-revolutionary period;
2) healthcare in North Ossetia from 1917 – 1941;
3) healthcare of North Ossetia during the Great Patriotic War of 1941-1945;
4) healthcare of North Ossetia in the postwar years 1946-1990;
5) the development of medical education and science in North Ossetia.
The museum works closely with the National Museum of North Ossetia-Alania, the Central State Archive of North Ossetia-Alania, the Archive of Historical and Political Documentation of North Ossetia-Alania, the Art Fund of the Republic, and national societies.
According to the scientific and historical value of the exhibits, architectural and artistic performance, design work and technical solution, the museum is recognized as one of the best among medical universities in Russia.
In conjunction with the theme of the expositions in the museum, technical means are used that increase the visibility and informational content of the expositions: a multimedia projector, musical accompaniment in each hall, the drama “Dead Town”, fully reproducing the crypt burial site of the XYII century preserved in the mountains of Ossetia, a monument to the mass extinction of the population during the years epidemics.
To date, the museum has been visited by more than 16,000 people – these are students, schoolchildren, students of a medical college, guests of SOGMA and the republic.Every year, open days are held for graduates of schools of the North Ossetia-A Medical Academy. The museum is the base for conducting practical classes on the history of medicine.
362019, North Ossetia-Alania, Vladikavkaz, ul. Pushkinskaya, 40.
North Ossetian State Medical Academy. Department of Public Health and Health.
Phone (8672) 53-77-90.
The head of the museum is Tatyana Alekseevna Kozulyak.